Guest Review of Clinique Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam
I love this face wash; it works perfectly with my daily skincare routine, which is made up of stuff from different brands and a couple prescriptions. This is the only Clinique skincare product I use.
My skin is oily, acne-prone, and pigment-prone (Those dark spots are NOT scars, it’s hyper pigmentation and, unlike scars, they will go away. Eventually.). I also have eczema, and I can react to over-drying and harsh products. I find that, as long as I moisturize, the Acne Solutions wash doesn’t aggravate my eczema or intensify oil production. It also cleanses pretty well.
What many might not like:
– The scent. Clinique doesn’t mask its products scent with fragrance, which is good for fragrance-sensitive skin, but not for smell-sensitive noses. I think it smells like bandages.
– Makeup removal. I like a full-face of makeup and I use wipes to take it off, so I don’t really care about this. If I have traces of eye makeup, there may still be mascara shadows leftover.
– Drying factor. This won’t be compatible with everyone’s skin. I think oily, combo-oily skin would do be the best fit. If you have dry skin, go for something else. Don’t even try it. Your face will fall off!
What it is:
A mild, medicated cleanser that fights acne.
What it is formulated to do:
This cleansing foam helps clear and prevent acne. It gently removes dirt and excess oil while fighting acne breakouts, leaving skin soft, smooth, and comfortable.
Clinique Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam Ingredients:
Salicylic Acid 2% Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sucrose, Disodium Phosphate, Arginine Cocoate, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Cola Nitida (Kola) Seed Extract, Caffeine, Algae Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint), Sea Whip Extract, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ppg-6 Decyltetradeceth-30, Lactobacillus Ferment, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Longifolene, Acetyl Glucosamine, Capryloyl Glycine, Perilla Aldehyde, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Beta-Caryophyllene, Phospholipids, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Salicylate, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Chloroxylenol 5/20/09
Will It remove makeup?
I went to a Clinique counter the other day to return something. While I was there I asked about which makeup remover would be best for my skin. The Clinique consultant said that I didn’t need one with the 3 Step Acne Solutions system because the Cleansing Foam would remove my foundation and powder by itself. But with the other Clinique 3step systems you did need a makeup remover. So I was really confused because everybody says you need to use a makeup remover first. So just to make sure, I went on clinique.com and asked them about it. They said that I did need a makeup remover with the Acne Solutions Cleansing foam! I am so confused! I have been told two different things and I don’t know who to believe.
How to use?
- Pump dispenser 2-3 times.
- Massage gently over wet skin, avoiding eye area. Rinse.
- Use AM and PM.
- If dryness occurs, reduce usage.
- After blemishes clear, continue using for preventative care.
- Follow with Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion and Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer Oil-Free.