This chipotle vinaigrette is smoky, spicy, and a little sweet. Use it as a salad dressing, or drizzle it over burrito bowls, tacos, grilled veggies, and more!
This chipotle vinaigrette recipe makes a fairly big batch, but I’m not mad about it. It’s the sort of salad dressing that tastes good on almost anything – roasted veggies, tacos, burritos, and, of course, salad. Keep a jar on hand in the fridge, and you’ll use the whole thing before you know it.
Lately, my favorite way to use it has been on grilled veggies. Whether I’ve been cooking zucchini, onions, or portobello mushrooms, this vinaigrette has been the perfect finishing touch. The chipotles deepen the smoky flavor that the veggies gain from the grill, lime juice adds a nice brightness, and a touch of honey balances it all out. I can’t get enough of its sweet, smoky, spicy flavor. I hope you love it too!
Chipotle Vinaigrette Recipe Ingredients
This chipotle dressing recipe might remind you of the famous chipotle honey vinaigrette served at Chipotle Mexican Grill. It’s definitely similar, but if you’re a fan of Chipotle’s salad dressing, don’t expect this one to be an exact copycat version. Here’s what I use to make it:
- Chipotles, of course! To make this chipotle vinaigrette, you’ll use one chipotle from a can of chipotles in adobo sauce. Use the remaining peppers and sauce to make BBQ sandwiches, black bean burgers, chili, black bean soup, or enchiladas!
- Fresh lime juice – It makes the dressing zesty and bright.
- Honey – Its sweetness balances the heat of the chipotle pepper.
- Garlic and cumin – They add depth to the sweet and spicy blend of chipotles and honey.
- Avocado oil – It gives the dressing body and richness.
- And salt and pepper – To make all the flavors pop!
Place the ingredients in a blender or food processor, and blitz until the dressing is smooth. Season to taste, and enjoy! Store any leftover dressing in a Mason jar or airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
How to Use This Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette
This chipotle dressing is such a versatile condiment to keep on hand. For starters, it’s excellent on salads. Toss it with a Simple Green Salad for an easy side dish, or drizzle it onto this Black Bean and Corn Salad. Use it instead of the tahini dressing on my Sweet Potato Salad, or add it to any taco salad or burrito bowl.
But the ways to use it don’t end there. Here are a few more of my favorites:
How do you like to use this chipotle vinaigrette? Let me know in the comments!
More Favorite Salad Dressings
If you love this chipotle vinaigrette, try one of these homemade salad dressing recipes next:
Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette
- ½ cup avocado oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 chipotle pepper from a can of chipotles in adobo
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a small food processor, combine the oil, lime juice, chipotle, honey, garlic, cumin, salt, and several grinds of pepper. Pulse until combined.
See the above blog post for serving suggestions.